Saturday, August 15, 2015

The best treatment protocol is the one you believe in the most

A big part of the responsibilities of being a cancer patient is being smart and aware about your treatment. If there's any place you want to do your homework and be an educated consumer, it's here. But it's often not easy.

I typically research every purchase I make and I'm the person in my circle everyone goes to find out how products, stores, companies or people compare. I'm typically not one to blindly trust a doctor and a suggested protocol, but for some strange reason that's exactly what I did this time.

As a psychologist and writer whose written about credibility and the subconscious trust of authority figures, I should know better. Combine that with my propensity to research EVERYTHING, you'd think I would have been the least likely to turn into a sheep.  So what happened?

The short answer is I'm not sure. I was stunned by the diagnosis this time and I think I remained in that stunned state for almost two years. With the death of my husband coming shortly after the diagnosis, then relocating back to Texas, taking care of my mother-in-law and then her death, I was, as they say, not in my right mind.

It was my immune system getting so low and feeling so bad that finally shook some sense into me. I'm not an expert, but I'm smart enough to know there is no way your body can survive cancer if your immune system is basically non-existent!

So, the old Pam is now back and doing her thing. I've researched each of the drugs I'm taking, including gathering info from countless other women just like me who've taken or are taking the drugs. I've also investigated a variety of alternative strategies and spoken to practitioners and users about their experiences.

In some ways we are blessed to have an abundance of great information at our disposal, but in other ways it's a curse. Its difficult to know who to trust sometimes and is especially challenging when trusted sources contradict each other.

When I had cancer the first time, I did the research. Knowing that, people would often ask, "So what's the best protocol?  Chemotherapy? Macrobotic diet? Faith healing?  The answer - all of the above. What I found was people beat cancer using every treatment protocol you can imagine. The only common denominator was their belief in that protocol. The answer to the question which protocol, is, the one you believe in the most!

Do your homework, or buddy up with someone like me who does the homework. Find some quiet stillness and reflect on the choices. Ask God or your higher self to help you choose the things that are right for you. If you learn to listen, you'll discover that the answers and the guidance you need is right there inside you.

I use muscle testing to help me determine what foods and supplements are right for me. I encourage you to give it a try.  You can read about it here:
http://www.mercola.com/article/mind_body/applied_psycho_neurobiology/muscle_testing.htm

See a variety of techniques here:
http://www.healing-with-eft.com/self-muscle-testing.html

Or watch Cathy Davis do a quick demo of a common technique.

1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 47 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete